Thursday, August 25, 2011

Some People Make You Laugh

As a Sophomore in High School, I competed for the second time in the Utah Shakespearean Festival. Lots of things came from this experience. One of them was a friend. This friend really only did Drama for a year, which was a shame, and which he later repented of. He didn't crave the stage like I do, and had other talents which have propelled him to greater things.

I guess I have to take a step back. This friend and I also took a Drama class in Jr. High together. As we reflect on how long we've been friends, which is up to over 7 years now, we have had the chance to talk about how those we went to school with have changed. It's really nice to have a friend, especially one I work with still, be able to know a lot of my circle of friends, and keep me up to date on them.

Anyway, this experience, albeit brief, is one of my favorites of all time.

This friend and I had finished rehearsing our scene for Drama and were standing outside talking with one another. Since we did wildly hilarious things together like taping him to the wall, or telling all manner of amusing stories, we were laughing about something or another. The thing that made this memory stick above all others was the realization that when guys laugh really hard, they always end with a good long "uhhhhh" sigh. It's a proven fact. Two 15 year olds discovered this, so it's got to be true.

The fun part was that this discovery made us laugh. As we'd start to recover from laughing, we, naturally, would deeply sigh. This process was repeated for no less than half an hour. It had the potential to be a humor vortex from which none would ever escape.

I have so many great things to say about this friend, and surely will write about him again someday, but that's all for now.

With that said, I do have several really good posts coming out soon, so stay tuned. I mean, we could be looking at days instead of months between posts now. This could be big.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment